Ymir Free Download
About This Game
Ymir is a 4X multiplayer strategy game combined with a city builder where each player develops a civilization of Pigmen starting at the stone age.
The game is divided in 2 main interfaces : a worldmap view and a regional view. Each world tile matches a unique procedurally generated isometric zone that can be explored, settled and built on by players. In each one players can find random resources such as ores , animals or plants depending on the climate, relief and vegetation of the region.
- Pigs with clothes.
- Multiplayer on local or persistent servers.
- Complex socio-economic simulator for a challenging city-building experience on its own.
- Technological evolution with hundreds to techs, from the stone age to post-iron age.
- Fully procedural worlds where each region is random and unique.
- 7 biomes, each one with its own specific resources to encourage player-trading.
- Advanced diplomatic and economic tools to setup treaties ( right of passage, taxes, payments, trade agreements… ) and trade routes between players.
- Real-time battles.
- WILL remain free of any pay-to-win .
- No direct control over population and economy: They breed, age, work and buy things according to the simulation.
- Population divided in social classes with specific incomes, purchasing power and revenues.
- Dynamic resources prices based on supply/demand, rarity and production costs.
- Even player consumed resources are taken into account: materials for buildings have to be bough at their market prices, generating incomes to the producers and affecting the economy.
- A simulator instead of a set of independent game rules : all variables and actions influence each other in sometimes unpredictable ways that makes things frustratingly challenging.
- Producing too much of something can be as damaging as not enough making the logic of the game quite different from classic management games. ( ex: instead of having positive effects, distributing a new resource can actually destabilize your economy if you’re not careful )
- Real-time battles are not instantiated and actually take place in your cities.
- Build and customize your fortifications with walls, bridges, gates, stairs, towers and battlements.
- With the terrain tools, modify the terrain heights to take maximum advantage of natural defenses like cliffs and hill tops.
- Water forces troops to embark and cross with slow vulnerable rafts: dig canals around your forts, secure your bridges or build a citadel on a river-island with fortified bridges.
- A Strategic-tool allows players to design their local defensive strategy in each one of their cities in case of attack: creating defensive zones, setting troops initial deployment positions and setting their behavior in battle.
- Battles are not instantaneous and belligerents can send reinforcements while a battle is still in progress.
- Battles can include unlimited ‘teams’ at the same time, each one fighting according to its allegiances.
- Battle troops during a battle are all AI controlled ( so that battles can happen independently of the player’s presence ).
- Dozens of unit types including mounted camels, elephants and armored mammoths.
Main game modes
- Real-time mode : a ‘classical’ mode to be played alone or with a few friends, meant to be played with the permanent presence of all players and to be stopped/continued over several playing sessions.
- Persistent mode : a more “MMO” mode where the game server is to be left running 24/7 at all times even when players are offline and where actions take much more time than in the real-time mode. Meant to be played with the maximum number of players on a day-to-day basis, with games lasting several weeks.
- This game is a one-man project: development is slow.
- This game is likely to forever remain an experimental work-in-progress and to never reach the quality, stability and optimization of a finished product: buy it only if you think it’s worth it NOW, and not based on future expectations.
- Playing solo is possible, but the main focus of this game is multiplayer.
- The game is available in more languages than English, but localization is done by the community and might be partial and incomplete.
Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy, Early Access
Release Date: 16 Mar, 2019
Early Access Release Date: 16 Mar, 2019
- OS: Windows 8
- Processor: Intel core i5
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7800, screen resolution 1920×1080
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 2 GB available space
Game Free Download Ymir
Full Game, latest version. Download for Free!
[ Direct download link (PC) ]